Senior Process Control Engineer Perth WA AU Australia
Newmont Australian operations are located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory with roles in operations, projects and exploration. Regional Support is provided from our offices based in Subiaco - close to public transport and with onsite parking facilities. The worlds leading gold company, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities. With operations on four continents, we are honoured to be named the mining industry leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the past five years and the only one listed in the S&P 500 index.
Reporting to the Manager – Process Control, you will be part of a team of technical experts in the Operations Support Hub. The purpose of this project role is to design, deploy, and support improvements in process control across all Newmont sites. The position will be based in Perth but will include travel as part of the deployment and all regions. The role will work with other Process Control Engineering resources both on site and in the Support Hub, as well as Asset Health and Process Improvement specialists in the Operations Support Hubs.
- Identify, design, and implement improvements in process control logic and graphics to drive value in our fixed plants.
- Identify relevant KPIs, both process focused and control focused, and monitor these to ensure improvements are successful.
- Managing the change process when making logic changes remotely, including development of proposals, operator notifications, SME training and control room operator interface.
- Mentoring and training of site process control resources.
- Escalation point for site process control resources.
- Define and support the roll out of standard ‘best practise’ approaches to control for various common processes.
- Support improvement projects across other disciplines by representing process control in the scoping & design phases, and supporting execution where required.
- Carry out surveillance of the fixed plant automation systems using the tools and dashboards established for the process control platform.
- Leverage site relationships to support the rapid replication of best practises across sites.
- Support process improvement specialists with creating analyses and visualisations in PI Asset-Framework and PI Vision to monitor performance of processes or systems.
- Work closely with site personnel to optimise the interface between site and hub functions.
- Participate in site identification and feasibility activities in collaboration with site/regional resources for all sites.
- Engage in regular update sessions with key stakeholders to keep them informed of ongoing work.
- Extensive process control background, with a Bachelors or higher degree level qualification in Process Control Engineering or Control Systems Engineering.
- Experience as technical process control professional, including 8+ years’ experience in processing across multiple locations.
- Strong knowledge of process control theory and demonstrated history of performing process control improvements.
- Strong understanding of processing operations, including crushing, milling, flotation, leach and elution processes.
- Advanced skills in some of the following process control systems and packages:
- Yokogawa Centum DCS
- Rockwell ControlLogix PLCs
- Schneider Modicon PLCs
- Metso OCS-4D
- Citect SCADA
- OSIsoft PI Data Historian
- Demonstrated ability to review and analyse data with a focus on process optimisation.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills at all levels.
- Experience on gold processing operations is desirable.
- Experience in site based control optimisation/improvement roles desirable.
- Multi-Lingual (English, Spanish, French) would be advantageous.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
More About Newmont
- Website: http://www.newmont.com
- Lifecycle of a Mine: https://www.newmont.com/lifecycle-of-a-mine/
- Blog: https://www.newmont.com/blog-stories/
- Annual sustainability report: https://www.newmont.com/sustainability/sustainability-reporting/
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal. If you are asked to do either, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.
More information on this Job
Category: Jobs : HR Jobs
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Senior Process Control Engineer Perth WA AU Australia - Return to Search Results
Manager Mining Infrastructure Engineering Vancouver BC CA Canada
Process Operator Leach Pad Tech 1 - CCandV Cripple Creek CO US United States
Process Maint EandI Technician Cripple Creek CO US United States
Administrador de Servicios Generales Cerro Negro Santa Cruz AR Argentina
Senior Trainer - Mine Operations Brong-Ahafo Region BA GH Ghana
Accounting Clerk Job Batavia IL US
Material Handler 1 A97 Job Assumption IL US
Material Handler 1 A97 - 3rd Shift Job Assumption IL US
Material Handler 3 A97 Job Assumption IL US
Material Handler 3 A97 - 3rd Shift Job Assumption IL US
Coupons: Australia l India l UK l NZ l USA
Real Estate: India